MEET THE WRITER
Robin is the founder of Sharma Leadership International Inc., a training firm with only one focus: To help people and organizations around the world Lead Without a Title
Robin is a former litigation lawyer who holds two law degrees including a Masters of Law (Dalhousie Law School).
A former lawyer, he quit his job and self-published a book at a Kinko’s copy shop (his mother edited it). Stored 2000 copies in his kitchen…
Read more about him www.robinsharma.com
I want to shift gears from leadership to a pure focus on crafting an exceptional life for this blog post. Ultimately, life goes by in a blink. And too many people live the same year 80 times. To avoid getting to the end and feeling flooded regret over a live half-lived, read (and then apply) these tips:
- Exercise daily.
- Get serious about gratitude.
- See your work as a craft.
- Expect the best and prepare for the worst.
- Keep a journal.
- Read “The Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin”.
- Plan a schedule for your week.
- Know the 5 highest priorities of your life.
- Say no to distractions.
- Drink a lot of water.
- Improve your work every single day.
- Get a mentor.
- Hire a coach.
- Get up at 5 am each day.
- Eat less food.
- Find more heroes.
- Be a hero to someone.
- Smile at strangers.
- Be the most ethical person you know.
- Don’t settle for anything less than excellence.
- Savor life’s simplest pleasures.
- Save 10% of your income each month.
- Spend time at art galleries.
- Walk in the woods.
- Write thank you letters to those who’ve helped you.
- Forgive those who’ve wronged you.
- Remember that leadership is about influence and impact, not title and accolades.
- Create unforgettable moments with those you love.
- Have 5 great friends.
- Become stunningly polite.
- Unplug your TV.
- Sell your TV.
- Read daily.
- Avoid the news.
- Be content with what you have.
- Pursue your dreams.
- Be authentic.
- Be passionate.
- Say sorry when you know you should.
- Never miss a moment to celebrate another.
- Have a vision for your life.
- Know your strengths.
- Focus your mind on the good versus the lack.
- Be patient.
- Don’t give up.
- Clean up your messes.
- Use impeccable words.
- Travel more.
- Read “As You Think”.
- Honor your parents.
- Tip taxi drivers well.
- Be a great teammate.
- Give no energy to critics.
- Spend time in the mountains.
- Know your top 5 values.
- Shift from being busy to achieving results.
- Innovate and iterate.
- Speak less. Listen more.
- Be the best person you know.
- Make your life matter.
– See more at: http://www.robinsharma.com
Know your limit, know what works for you and lead inside out.